Born in Bologna, Italy.
Graduated in Political Sciences, Patrizia Pulga has been a professional photographer and photography teacher since 1979.
As a photojournalist she is concerned with
social topics, such as: women’s condition, immigration and interculture in
- Sri Lanka
- Great Britain
- Sahrawi’s Refugees Camps
- Public and Private Organisations
architecture and town planning in
APPUNTI CONTRO IL RAZZISMO (NOTE-BOOK AGAINST RACISM)
Text and pictures. Project for teachers and children of grammar school, realized with the famous Italian writer Elena Gianini Belotti and the African TV journalist Maria De Lourdes Jesus.
Projects realized for BOLOGNA 2000 – european city of culture:
E-VENTI DI FESTA (WINDS OF CELEBRATION)
A reportage in black & white about religious and civil celebration days of immigrants living in Bologna with exhibition and book.
WOMEN PHOTOGRAPHERS’ NET
Census about women photographers currently active in Europe.
LITHUANIA 24 HOURS
In 2004 she has been chosen by Lithuanian Government, together with other forty international photographers to document the entry of this country in European Community. The project produced an exhibition and a book.
Le donne fotografe dalla nascita della fotografia ad oggi: uno sguardo di genere
(Women photographers from the beginning of photography up to now: a gender insight)
published by Pendragon – Bologna 2017
In every professional field – and the photographic one is among them – women face enormous difficulties in establishing themselves; to a greater extent where an approach, if not aggressive, at least assertive to make headway among many competitors is crucial. Yet there have been and are many women who have made photography their profession. This volume presents over two thousand three hundred profiles of photographers from all over the world, subdivided by geographical origin and inserted within the cultural movements and currents that have covered the history of the last two centuries: it is therefore the most complete source for photography ” feminine “. A story never told of determination and creativity.
P. Pulga – E VENTI di festa (Winds of celebration)
published by Menabò – Bologna 2001.
Pictures about religious and civil celebration days of immigrants living in Bologna, with text in Italian, English, French and Spanish.
P. Pulga – La cucina indiana vegetariana
published by La Casa Verde – Verona 1990.
Text and pictures about Indian vegetarian cooking.
P. Pulga – Il movimento Sarvodaya e le fattorie Sarva Seva nello sviluppo agricolo indiano – published by F.O.C.S.I.V. – Milano 1985.
Text and pictures about agricultural projects in India.
P. Pulga – Sul monte kailash, canti e miti della religione induista
published by Il Gatto e la Volpe – Verona 1983.
Text and pictures about hindu religion and culture.
12TH JULIA MARGARET CAMERON AWARD
Winner in CITYSCAPES Series (2019)
1° Prize CON OCCHIO DI DONNA (2008)
As a Charter Member of professional photographers’ organisation
WOMEN IN PHOTOGRAPHY INTERNATIONAL (WIPI)
- Ziba Kazemi (2013)
- Women photographers from Middle East & Indian Subcontinent (2012)
- Women photographers in Tunisia. “Artocracy” during Jasmin Revolution (2011)
- Women Photographers from other Cultures & Countries (2010)
- Homage to African Women (2010)
- “Focus on Female” at Orvieto Fotografia (2009)
- Sylvia Plachy/Blanca Berlin Gallery/Spain (2008)
- Salutes the Women Photographers of Africa (2006)
- Census about women photographers currently active in Italy, Europe and the mediterranean region (2000)
FOTOGRAFIA E INFORMAZIONE
- 2013: Homage to Editta Sherman
- 2013: A politically correct information about violence against women
- 2006: Report about women photographers in “Rencontres africaines de la Photographie” in Bamako
- 2009: Report about Women In Photography International
Some of her pictures were acquired by:
- C.S.A.C. (Centro Studi Archivio Comunicazione) – PARMA University
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Peter Palmquist Western Americana Permanent Collection – YALE UNIVERSITY in WIPI Charter Gallery 2014 – 15 – YALE UNIVERSITY – USA: http://www.womeninphotography.org/Events-Exhibits/YALE-WIPI
TV, magazines and newspapers:
- RAI 3
- La Repubblica
- Il domani di Bologna
- National Geographic Italia
- Bologna & Bologna
- Il diritto delle donne
Magazines on line
- Women in Photography International
- Web magazine Agenzia Dire
- Il Fotografo
- Io Donna – Il Corriere della Sera
- Focus de la Femme et de la Fille
- Vernice Fresca